Saturday, January 5, 2013

Absentee Blogger

I'm ashamed to see how long it has been since I blogged! It's not that I haven't been working the internet presence. With two websites, FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and two publishing sites, not to mention email, I've been firmly placed in www-land.

Having recently preached to the congregation, the value of having a message and disseminating said message, it is no accident that my blog came back on my radar.

So, here goes. . .

How's your relationship with God been lately? Have you visited God recently? Have you 'called' God in the Spirit? Have you toured second and third heaven? Just checking.

Ignoring God doesn't effect the Supreme Being as much as it robs us. Spending time with God preserves our sense of well-being. It prevents us from feeling God is upset with us. It promotes spiritual awareness making us more effective as a Christian believer in our sphere of influence.

And. . . it's fun!

One Christian leader had a conversation with God. It went something like this:

God: 'You know how all things lost in Adam are restored in Christ?'
Believer: 'Yes, Lord?'
God: 'Well Adam had a garden.'
Believer: 'I know that, Lord.'
God: 'What if I gave you a garden?'
Believer: 'A garden?'
God: 'Yes, you have a garden, a heavenly garden. And you can visit it anytime.'

That conversation began a new dimension in intimacy with God for that believer and for a lot of us who realized the truth of God's gift.

I visit my garden often, not as often as I could, but often. It's beautiful and I am constantly discovering new areas of that garden. It's peaceful. When I visit my garden frequently, I find life goes well. Of course, the Lord shows up in the garden as well. It is 'our place' besides the throne room of course.

There are orchards, vineyards, an ocean, waterfalls, beautiful flowers. I don't have to work to plant anything. I just think it and whatever I thought is there. Of course it's all good stuff, nothing bad that doesn't belong.

One day I realized that the vines in the vineyard were not held up by wire as they are on earth. I could run through the vines and not be tangled. The vines would dance with and around me. I finally laid down laughing after a particularly lively jaunt through the vines.

Then I saw them. . . I saw sandaled feet coming toward me under the vines. Just above the feet was the hem of a robe and dripping from the robe was beautiful sweet red wine. I realized that the same wine was dripping from the grapes, but the grapes were not crushed or withered.

Of course, the feet belonged to my Jesus. He had the biggest smile on his face! He had been watching me dance among the vines and it brought Him joy. Oh, how I love Him and how He loves me!

Now, why not go play in your garden?

1 comment:

sean said...

Glad to see you're blogging again! I need to update my blog more often too. What about a blogversation? I just made that up. We could share thoughts back and forth and link to each other's blog. I don't know how it will play out, but it would hold us both accountable to writing more often. What do you think?